7 Way Wiring diagram for RV trailer plug.
When wiring a RV trailer connector, it is best to wire by color function, as wire colors can vary. Here is a 7 Way Wiring diagram for RV trailer plug hope this will help you.
If you are looking at the inside of the trailer connector where the wires mount to the terminals starting at the top and rotating clockwise:
1:00 is Black and 12 volt power
3:00 is Green and Right Turn and Brake
5:00 is Blue and Brake Controller
7:00 is White and Ground
9:00 is Yellow and Left Turn and Brake
11:00 is Brown and Tail and Running Lights
Center is Purple and is Optional Reverse
I attached a picture to that shows how the connector should be wired.
What are the 7 wires on my trailer plug?
- Common 7 way Connector. Function. Usual Trailer Wire.
- White Wire. Ground. White Wire.
- Red Wire. Left Turn and Brake. Yellow Wire.
- Brown Wire. Right Turn and Brake. Green Wire.
- Green Wire. Tail Lights. Brown Wire.
- Blue Wire. Brake Power. Blue Wire.
- Black Wire. 12 volt (hot lead) Black Wire.
- Yellow Wire. Aux. –
How many amps does a 7 pin trailer plug?
The battery charge circuit in your 7 pin is capable of 40 amps per the manual.
Are all 7 way blade connectors the same?
Yes, there is only one type of 7-way blade connector. I am attaching a help article about wiring that may be of interest to you.